Wednesday, March 28, 2007

WHY I DON'T LIKE CELL PHONES I hate it whenever someone calls me using their cell phone and when I am forced to call someone on their cell phone because they no longer have a land line. I imagine, like one of the current TV advertisements suggest, that some services are better than others, meaning that they cover wider areas and they experience fewer dropped calls. One would think that living in a large metropolis like San Diego that one should never experience a dropped call, but I've had it happen on numerous occasions. This makes me wonder if these dropped calls might be caused by the owners of these cell phones not having properly charged their phones to begin with! Since I don't have any use for them personally I am resolved to make it a point of hanging up on anyone who calls me with their cell phone at the slightest indication of interference! Should they call back, I will tell them that the call was terminated on their side and that either they were calling from an area that had weak coverage or that their batteries must need recharging! One last gripe, I have heard that the California State Legislature has passed a law about using cell phones when driving in a motor vehicle that goes into effect next year. I can barely wait for this to hopefully put an end to all the preoccupied idiots that think that they can drive responsively while trying to operate their cell phones. If the city of San Diego is looking for a cash cow to solve their financial woes at city hall, I suggest that they equip their traffic officers with devices that will identify people using their cell phones while driving their vehicles! Cha-ching!

No comments: