Thursday, September 06, 2007

Email to Circuit City complaining about car stereo installation hack job! I had a JVC KD-G230 CD Receiver installed at the Point Loma store earlier today. When I returned to pick the car up I was told that a was told that the installation required an installation kit which I had not paid for at the time that I dropped the car off. I had no problem with this as I had approved the use of it if it was required. When the installer and I entered the store so he could write of the install kit order and I could pay for it, he mentioned that he had a hard time installing the unit because, according to what he said, someone had disassembled the center consul at one time and when it was reassembled it had been done incorrectly. The original owner who I purchased the car from lives in my neighborhood and I asked him if he had ever had work done to the car that necessitated the removal of the center consul and he said no. I bought the car with the original stereo cassette player installed by the factory in place. Imagine my shock when I saw three large cracks in the plastic molding that houses the components in the center consul. I pointed this out to the installer who claimed that it was cause by the car being exposed to the sun whenever the top was down. These cracks are very noticeable and I think that the installer should have made an effort to glue them together before he reassembled the consul. I was willing to forgive this, however when I returned to my home and I needed to double park my car as I unloaded some things that I was taking into my home, I tried to engage the emergency flashers. To my dismay, they would not turn on! As it happens, the largest crack in the housing is where the flasher switch is mounted! This is unacceptable! I feel that your employee is incompetent and I want Circuit City to repair the damage done to the center consul. I will await a response from whoever receives this email for one day in order to give you a chance to recommend a solution to this problem. However, I feel that time is of the essence and should I not hear from you by tomorrow, I will be forced to take my complaint to the Point Loma store manager. I would like to avoid this confrontation as I recently was forced to complain to the manager about an earlier purchase that went kaput. I wrote about in my blog if you'd like to read it, got to http://bobsblog.blogspot.com/ Thank You, Robert Payne

No comments: